Helping You Train Better For Over 30 Years
After coaching for 30 years, Robbie followed his dream of opening up a state-of-the-art hitting facility in the Tidewater area. He has coached a variety of sports, including baseball, softball, basketball, and volleyball. One of his greatest desires is to get players to the next level, whatever it may be for them and to teach life lessons through the game of Baseball/Softball. Currently, Robbie is Managing/Coaching the Western Branch High School JV Baseball Team. He also Manages/Coaches the Old Dominion Hitters 2019 Rob Showcase team, where all 21 High School players on the roster from Hampton Roads and parts of North Carolina, are committed to play at the collegiate level. Robbie has been happily married to his wife, Kelly, for 28 years. They have 2 grown children, Ashley, who grew up playing for the Virginia Legends, and Zach, who is currently a pro baseball player for the Tampa Bay Rays organization. Robbie played an influential role as their coach. His family is his greatest treasure.
- 2014 Tidewater player of the Year
- Western Branch High Baseball, State Champions and 2014 Virginia 6A State player of the year
- Played D1 College Baseball with the Old Dominion Monarchs and was an All-American
- Shortstop as a Freshman and Junior.
- Finalist for Rawlings Gold Glove in the Country.
- Played in the Cape Cod Sumer League where he was named MVP of the Cape Cod All Star Game and was a Cape Cod 1st team All Cape Cod Team.
- Drafted in the MLB 2017 Draft in the 6th round to the Tampa Bay Rays Organization as a shortstop.
- Played 2018 Full Season A ball in the Midwest League with Tampa Bay Affiliate, Bowling Green Hot Rods, where they won the championship with a Minor league most wins in the country
- Represented the Tampa Bay Rays with Bowling Green Hot Rods in the Midwest All Star Game.
- 2019 Zach was promoted to High “A” and assigned to Port Charlotte Stonecrabs
- Played 10 seasons as a Professional Baseball Player with Milwaukee Brewers, Chicago White sox and Atlanta Braves Organizations
- Division 1 Athlete at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Golden Glove Award Winner
- Puerto Rican Winter League Rookie of the Year
In 2015 Chase graduated from Granby HS where he helped lead the Comets on the mound and at the plate. During his time at Granby he was awarded with All Coastal Conference First-Team honors as a pitcher his Junior and Senior years along with being voted the Coastal Conference Co-Player of the year and appearing on the Virginian Pilot’s All-Tidewater First-Team his Junior year
He spent the next four years at Norfolk State University helping the Spartans to capture three MEAC Northern Division titles. He was awarded with All MEAC Second-Team, Third-Team, and Tournament First-Team honors his Sophomore, Junior, and Senior years respectively. Chase finished his successful collegiate career tied for all-time wins and ranks second in career strikeouts for the program.
Now that his playing career is over, Chase wishes to pass on his knowledge and experiences in an effort to help others reach their goals.
Devin Hemmerich was a 26th round pick in the 2017 MLB Draft by the Los Angeles Dodgers where he played 2 seasons posting a 3.03 era in 58 appearances pitching 98.2 innings. He attended Norfolk State playing 4 years ther, 3 as a starter and 1 in the bullpen. As a freshman he was named to the freshman All American team and his senior year he became Norfolk States first All American and was awarded the MEAC pitcher of the year. He is tied for the all-time wins record and single season wins and has the records for most strike outs in a season, most career strike outs, and most innings pitched in a season. He attended Granby High School freshman through junior year before transferring to Atlantic Shores, where he was a part of the first ever State Championship team.
•played baseball for woodside high school 2011-2014•played for ferrum college 2014-2015•played at louisburg college 2015-2016•played at Virginia state 2017-2019•played for the DC grays collegiate summer ball league 2018•interned at George mason baseball camp 2018•trained professionally at the Velofarm 2019I’ve been playing for 20 years in counting and have been through the ups and downs of baseball and is passionate about the sport in all areas. My ultimate goal is to play professional baseball, I have played on countless travel ball teams, show case, high school, college and now working towards professional. I want to serve as a big brother/coach to each child on the team. My goal is to bring out the joyfulness of baseball while teaching the kids on how to play the game the right way Mentally and physically. I’m excited to lead your kids in the right direction!